Dairy Group is and remains committed to providing the user with secure access to its website/s. Dairy Group wants its user/s to use Dairy Group website/s with complete confidence and make their experience on Dairy Group website/s as rewarding as possible.
For the purposes of this policy “personal information” shall have the same meaning ascribed to it in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI).
Dairy Group may from time to time provide hyperlinks to web sites, platforms and/or applications which Dairy Group does not have control over (“Third-Party Sites”). These Third-Party Sites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions, and users are encouraged to read them prior to use thereof. The provision of links to Third-Party Sites by Dairy Group should not be construed as an endorsement, agreement or support of the content thereof, and Dairy Group shall not be liable, in any manner whatsoever, for the access to, inability to access or content of the Third-Party Sites, including their privacy policies.
Types of personal information collected
Dairy Group may from time to time collect, amongst other, the following personal information of users:
- Name and surname;
- Contact details;
- E - mail addresses; and
- IP address
Dairy Group also collects non- personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns and access to a Dairy Group website.
Use of personal information
Dairy Group uses the personal and non-personal statistical information collected from users for various purposes which include, amongst others:
- To communicate information requested by users;
- To compile and maintain the newsletter database;
- To registrate and/or authenticate users;
- To maintain information submitted by users in respect of competitions and promotions from time to time;
- For auditing purposes;
- To compile non- personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns and access to a Dairy Group website;
- To evaluate the use of a Dairy Group website or products and services;
- To analyse the effectiveness of Dairy Group’s advertisements, competitions and promotions.
How personal information is collected:
Dairy Group collects personal and non – personal statistical information about users either electronically by using cookie technology or personal information submitted by the user voluntarily.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a feature built into a browser that assigns is user an ID and is used to follow the pattern of movements of web users. Cookies let Dairy Group know which pages on a website are visited, in what order and how often. By themselves, cookies cannot be used to discover a user’s identity, they identify a user’s computer connected to a Dairy Group server when a user visits a Dairy Group website. Cookies are not used to record any personal information such as a user’s name, address or email address.
Privacy and security
Dairy Group shall take all reasonable steps to secure the content of its website/s and the information provided by or collected from users. Access to a user’s personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted amongst the Dairy Group on a need-to-know basis.
If users have any questions, comments, or concerns about how Dairy Group handles personal information, then they may contact Dairy Group at the address provided on its website/s.
Usage and reservation of rights
Dairy Group reserves the right to and may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, and disclose any information submitted by or collected from users, provided that:
- Dairy Group shall not disclose any personal information of users, unless given explicit prior legal written consent to do so;
- Dairy Group may disclose information about customers, where required to do so, in good faith, or by law or to exercise the legal rights or defend Dairy Group against any legal claims;
- Dairy Group may share information with law enforcement agencies to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed using the Dairy Group network;
- Dairy Group may monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorised attempts to tamper with the site or cause damage to Dairy Group property;
Dairy Group owns and retains all rights to non – personal statistical information collected and compiled by Dairy Group.